A commitment to a more inclusive culture within golf
We, Betchworth Park GC call on everyone involved in golf to play their part in developing a culture that values women’s involvement in every aspect of the sport, from participating to pursuing a career.
- Our aim is to increase the number of women and girls playing and working in golf.
- To achieve this goal and to enable women to flourish throughout golf, we recognise the need for a fundamental shift in culture. There is a clear ethical need for change and the potential economic benefits of growing the sport through more women and girls playing are substantial.
- The R&A commits to playing a leading role in this process and to working with affiliates, partners and the wider golf industry towards achieving this goal.
- In signing this Charter, we Betchworth Park GC commit to making tangible efforts to develop a welcoming and inspiring environment for women. We will do more to attract women into golf, to remain, and to have rewarding careers.
To see our Charter commitments please click the link below
Women in Golf Charter Commitments – Betchworth
Girls Golf Rocks encourages beginner girls aged 5-18 to learn and play golf in a fun and friendly way.
The programme runs nationally across England, with 2021 seeing over 170 host clubs/facilities taking part. This year, we will be running Girls Golf Rocks from May to October 2022.
Our clubs aim to create an environment where girls feel comfortable and confident to join in the initial sessions and then offers a clear pathway for them to continue their participation.
Girls Golf Rocks ambassadors will also be on hand at the clubs to support new participants during their girls-only group sessions.
Taster sessions are optional for clubs and free for participants, usually lasting an hour. These sessions are a great way of trying golf before signing up to the six-week coaching course.
The coaching course involves six, hour-long sessions spread over six weeks with the last lesson out on the course. Sessions are designed to be:
- Involve team/group pursuits
- Include a variety of golf-related activities
- Allow for social time either at the beginning or end (or both)
To Book in PLEASE CLICK HERE
Ladies Group Lessons
At Betchworth we run a number of highly popular group lessons for Ladies. These can be attended by members and non members.
To see the available days and to book in, please click here